Why Smith Brothers Insurance Needs You
Our Private Client practice is growing and we are looking for a Risk Advisor to join our practice. We continue to make investments in our business to ensure our Private Client practice is poised for exponential growth and we are excited about what’s in store for this team. In this role you will add to our growth, bring industry expertise, and help us stay true to our values and get better every day.
As Private Client Risk Advisor, you’ll be responsible to build and grow a portfolio of business, while offering best in class risk management advice to successful individuals, family offices, while working with advisors in the HNW & UHNW community. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced advisor in this space and familiar with specialty carriers like PURE, Chubb, Berkley One, Cincinnati, etc. You’ll bring expert industry insights, an understanding of the unique risk management needs of high net worth clients, and an ability to serve as a family confidant.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for growing and retaining a profitable and well-rounded book of high net worth clients.
- Achieve objectives and sales goals established in annual business plan.
- Prospect for new business with key centers of influence and prospects to introduce to Smith Brothers Private Client Group.
- Strategize, educate, and counsel clients and prospects with a commitment to helping them mitigate risk and navigate through insurance product choices.
- Understand the affluent/high net worth client lifestyle and risk exposures to offer proper consultation and solutions as a trusted advisor.
- Understand insurance contracts and have the ability to explain coverage offerings to clients.
- Work effectively with teammates and all applicable stakeholders to deliver on our be sure promise.
- Commitment to continuous learning, improving processes, and team development.
- Reviews, updates, and develops processes and workflows as needed.
- Work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Commit to continuing education and ongoing knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Participate in internal learning and development sessions.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Review, update, and develop processes and workflows as assigned.
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems, and develop solutions to provide outstanding client experience and support our team goals.
- Effective listening and communication skills to uncover client needs, provide insurance counseling, and handle conflicts.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable and effective communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system and other technology essential for job functions including MS Office products and Carrier websites.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team to build trust and enhance team productivity and performance.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time and competing priorities to reach objectives and meet deadlines.
- Desire and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, growth minded dynamic environment.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome hurdles.
- Team player who consistently defaults to good.
- Experience in high net worth personal lines, preferably in a sales capacity with an active network serving this client segment.
- Experience and familiarity with leading specialty insurance Carriers such as Chubb, AIG, PURE, etc. is recommended.
- Property & Casualty Insurance License in good standing.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development.
- High School Diploma required.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Offsite client, network, and prospect meetings require non-standard normal working hours – expect evening events and some travel as normal course of business.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Flexible Work Environment.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and working together to be a sustainably relevant company. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services. At Smith Brothers, we are sure in our ability to do the right thing, the right way. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org