Why Smith Brothers Insurance Needs You
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Large Commercial Lines team. Our ideal candidate will have advanced communication and business skills, the ability to build relationships with business and community leaders, demonstrate a thorough knowledge of insurance products and have a passion for Helping Others protect business and personal risk. The ideal candidate must be capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts, retaining a book of business, and have the ability to work effectively with all stakeholders.
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, have a great place to work, and build a sustainably relevant company. Our big purpose is Helping Others, and we start with ensuring all our team members understand our vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making our plan a reality. Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Achieve objectives established in annual business plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact and work prospects for the purpose of making sales appointments to introduce Smith Brothers.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products, and records.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles, services, etc.
- Work effectively with service team and carrier marketing to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explain details while communicating desire to conduct business.
- Work collaboratively with account managers to deliver on our brand promise.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management, for example – join a networking group, become active member of target associations, develop Centers of Influence (PRABS) who can introduce you to target accounts, etc.
- Overserve your top 20% of accounts using Smith Brothers’ proactive service platform.
- Develop cross leads for other products within Smith Brothers.
- Commitment to continuous learning, improving processes, and team development.
- Reviews, updates, and develops processes and workflows as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows within defined timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Support and demonstrate the core values of our agency: trust, respect, creativity, and fun.
- Support and live our Be Sure Service Standards, Helping Others Culture, and Quality Program.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and in pressure environments.
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and growing organization.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients and understand business needs.
- Ability to utilized internal and external resources to meet client needs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment – must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, clients, and carrier partners.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time and competing priorities to reach objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire and commitment to engage in ongoing training and learning and development in order to stay abreast and ahead of marketing and communication trends, while continuously developing skill sets.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office product suite.
- Ability to learn and utilize an agency management system and other technology essential for the job function.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome hurdles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Required Property & Casualty licenses required.
- Three plus years’ experience in consultative sales approach preferred.
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- A network of business contacts and the ability and desire to build an impactful client base to retain year after year.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant video, telephone, and in person activity.
- Offsite client, network, and partners meetings require non-standard normal working hours – expect evening events and travel as normal course of business.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services. At Smith Brothers, we are sure in our ability to do the right thing, the right way. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.