Personal Lines – Non-Exempt, Full-Time
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our Personal Lines Team as a producing account manager, responsible for sales and service of a book of business. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, in client service and sales. This position will work with prospects and clients to grow their book and service accounts to retain business and support new growth. In order to succeed, a successful team member in this position will need to manage their workflow in an organized way, have a strong attention to detail, and excel in a fast-paced environment. It is essential this individual display energy to contribute to overall agency growth, the client experience, and agency culture.
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, have a great place to work, and build a sustainably relevant company. Our big purpose is Helping Others, and we start with ensuring all our team members understand our vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making our plan a reality. Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Successfully meet established and agreed to goals
- Responsible for growing and retaining a profitable and well-rounded book of business
- Maintain and grow a book of business through marketing activities, pro-active touches, and referrals
- Prospect, solicit, educate, and counsel new clients with a commitment to helping them mitigate risk and navigate through insurance product choices
- Understand insurance contracts and explain coverage offerings to clients
- Respond to client service needs including policy changes, billing, finding coverage solutions, etc.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all clients, both internal and external
- Prepare new business proposals, renewal reviews, and account rounding offers
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols
- Maintain account files according to established procedures, while showing good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Show thoroughness in all client file documentation
- Demonstrate flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Commit to continuing education and ongoing knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace
- Pursue personal and professional development through our Employee Development process
- Participate in internal learning and development sessions
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience
- Support and demonstrate the core values of our agency: trust, respect, creativity, and fun
- Support and live our Be Sure Service Standards, Helping Others Culture, and Quality Program
- Ability to set, achieve goals, and measure goals while demonstrating persistence and ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems, and develop solutions to provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals
- Effective listening and communication skills to uncover client needs, provide insurance counseling, and handle conflicts
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, follows agency procedures, and thoroughness in all documentation
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and shift competing priorities effectively
- Professional and effective communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and in pressure environments
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence and calmness in crisis or stressful situations
- Ability to resolve conflicts and work towards win/win outcomes
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system and other technology essential for job functions including MS Office products and Carrier websites
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Desire to work in a fast paced and growing organization
- Desire and commitment to engage in ongoing learning and development, both technical (ex. sales/service) and soft skills (ex. Communication, win/win outcomes, emotional intelligence, resiliency)
- Strong work ethic
- Two plus years of personal lines client service experience in agency setting. Sales experience a plus
- New York Property & Casualty Insurance License required and ability to get licensed in other states as needed
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. College degree preferred
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and working together to be a sustainably relevant company. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, rather it is to give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org