Why Smith Brothers Insurance Needs You
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Large Commercial Lines team as a Claims Advocate. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Claims Advocate with a commitment to excellent client service handling Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, Property, Automobile and other related commercial lines claims in our collaborative environment.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Nurture client relationships and manage all aspects of claims advocacy for Commercial Lines.
- Provide procedural training to assist clients in the effective internal management of their claims.
- Advocate for client when there is a lack of progress and/or adjuster responsiveness on any claim.
- Provide proactive services including Experience Modification Rates (EMR or Mod) Projections and claim status reports.
- Coordinate and conduct claim reviews with clients and/or carriers on Worker’s Compensation, General Liability/Property and Automobile losses.
- Utilize Worker’s Compensation reserve analysis skills to mitigate claim $ exposure via carrier interactions/ negotiations.
- Assist Risk Advisors/Account Managers in policy review/interpretation to identify opportunities to rebut or challenge carrier coverage denials.
- Assist Risk Advisors, as requested, in service capability presentations to Smith Brothers Insurance prospects.
- Manage client communications and provide prompt service, while ensuring all relevant data and information are properly tracked in our agency management system.
- Ability to set realistic client expectations and deliver in a time-sensitive environment. Consult with and respond to clients promptly in agreed upon timeframes – promote responsiveness.
- Demonstrate a strong client service focus by being energetic, action oriented, and ready to seize an opportunity. Responds with a sense of urgency as required.
- Utilize agency management system for daily activities, documentation, and other duties as assigned.
- Work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Participate in internal learning and development sessions.
- Participate in relevant external continuing education seminars and training to enhance knowledge and skill.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Review, update, and develop processes and workflows as
- Support and live our Helping Others Culture, Values, Standards, and Quality Program.
- Understanding claims resolution process for Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, Property and Automobile insurance claims.
- Ability to work effectively in a multijurisdictional claims environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems and develop solutions that will provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals.
- Effective client service skills and an understanding of how to utilize resources to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Ability to learn and utilize an agency management system and other technology essential for the job function.
- Commitment to continuous improvement to drive productivity and performance for our team, clients, and agency overall.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong and professional communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and in pressure
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable and effective communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Levelheaded, positive attitude, and ability to relate well with others in team environment.
- Team player who consistently defaults to good.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and growing organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment to build trust and enhance team productivity and performance.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while working multiple projects and managing competing priorities.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Commitment to continuing education and ongoing knowledge of changing industry standards and trends in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office full suite of products – Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, and ability to work under limited supervision.
- Strong work ethic, a tolerance for ambiguity, and demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome hurdles.
- Keep current with continuing education and maintain knowledge of changing industry standards and trends in order to stay relevant.
- Connecticut, New York and/or New Jersey Casualty Adjuster’s License.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as an Insurance Carrier Worker’s Compensation Claims Adjuster.
- Experience following procedures and workflows with a focus on client experience.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
- Previous experience in mid-market commercial lines insurance agency preferred.
- Professional designations preferred.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Must be able to travel occasionally overnight in Northeast (one to four times a year).
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. When you work with Smith Brothers, you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org