Are you early in your career or looking for a career change all together? If so, consider our Emerging Insurance Professionals Program (EIPP), where we invest in you and your development to help you launch and grow your career with the best team, training, mentorship, and resources around. You will join our agency as a Business Support Specialist and get right to work supporting the agency and working your learning plan with exposure to service, sales, and our value add services as we manage all things risk for families and businesses. This program is top notch and we invest in you to be part of our team for the long-term.
Our ideal candidate will have entry-level experience working in a fast-paced environment. While an insurance background is not necessary for this position, you should be looking to build a career in the insurance agency industry.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Access and navigate carrier websites to obtain policy documents, order loss runs, and research billing inquiries.
- Scan, copy, and collate information and documents as needed.
- Issue, print, and mail certificates of insurance.
- Update client information in the agency management system as requested.
- Assist Account Managers with specific steps in the renewal process for certain types of policies.
- Create and format letters using appropriate format, using a variety of business tools.
- Review basic insurance policies to resolve policy checking discrepancies.
- Utilize agency management system for daily activities, documentation and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in internal training as well as carrier system training sessions.
- Review, update and develop processes and workflows as needed.
- Work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Remains current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Pursue personal and professional development through internal and external learning efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems, and develop solutions to provide outstanding client experience and support our team goals.
- Strong client service skills and understanding of how to utilize resources to meet internal and external client needs.
- Effective and professional listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system, Carrier websites, and other technology essential for job functions.
- Proficient in all MS Office products.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team to build trust and enhance team productivity and performance.
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time and competing priorities to reach objectives and meet deadlines.
- Desire and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, growth minded dynamic environment.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome hurdles.
- Team player who consistently defaults to good.
- Keep current with continuing education requirements and maintain knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Minimum of one year of client facing and/or customer service experience.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience following procedures and workflows with a focus on client experience.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development.
- Prior experience in insurance agency or carrier a plus.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Flexible Work Environment.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org