Our Large Commercial Lines Account Management team is expanding to support current and planned growth. We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 3+ years of Property and Casualty experience who are actively looking to develop in their career and handle mid to large commercial accounts including complex accounts over $35K in revenue.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Nurture client relationships and manage all aspects of the daily service of their commercial insurance policies: Binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, audits, claims, loss prevention programs, summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals.
- Together with the Risk Advisor, the Account Manager engages in the renewal strategy, has discussions with Underwriters, evaluates quotes and prepares proposals and other documentation to provide to the client, ensuring the best possible solutions are delivered to clients in high quality and timely manner.
- Work independently to inform and educate, answer questions, resolve issues, and make decisions regarding the need for coverage enhancements and modifications.
- Utilize agency management system, Applied Epic, for daily activities, documentation and client communication ensuring relevant data and information is properly managed.
- Interpret policy language, identify risks and exposures to loss, and recommend appropriate coverages in coordination with the Risk Advisor.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders. As a member of a 20-person department, be a team player supporting others, mentoring and providing back up client coverage for other Account Managers.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, able to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems and develop solutions that will provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals.
- Effective client service skills and an understanding of how to utilize resources to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively and manage multiple priorities; meet deadlines, attention to details.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement to drive productivity and performance for our team and our clients.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Professional and effective communication skills supporting outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
- Team Player who consistently defaults to good.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience in Applied EPIC preferred.
- Keep current with continuing education requirements and maintain knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various
- Minimum of three + years of experience as an account manager in mid-market commercial lines insurance.
- P & C license required.
- Professional designations preferred.
- Associate or bachelor degree preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org