As an Account Executive in our Private Client Group team, you’ll be responsible to service a growing portfolio of high net worth clients with complex insurance programs while offering best in class risk management advice. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced high net worth P&C advisor or account executive and familiar with specialty carriers like PURE, Chubb, Berkley One, Cincinnati, etc. You’ll bring expert industry insights, an understanding of the unique risk management needs of high net worth clients, and an ability to serve as a family confidant.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and account servicing the high net worth client relationship including new and renewal business processes and rounding of accounts.
- Includes preparation of new business and renewal submissions including marketing, rating and proposals as well as the applications and binder process through to policy issuance.
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to Clients, Sales Representatives, Insurance Companies and Internal contacts and other duties as directed.
- Support risk advisors with managing all marketing efforts for new opportunities.
- Underwrite, market, quote all lines of business for new client opportunities as well as renewals including benchmarking of large renewals.
- Prepare proposal presentations for sales calls/renewals.
- Creation of Applications, Binders, Coverage Summaries, Broker of Record Forms, Proposal and Invoicing, Certificates and Auto ID cards for accounts sold and/or renewed.
- Complete and update New Business and Renewal Checklists as applicable.
- Communicates with Producer and other team members, where applicable, on any issues/concerns impacting his/her prospect accounts.
- Participate in account reconciliation for receivables management.
- Maintains exceptional relationships with all levels of client’s decision makers in order to effectively consult and influence the client on insurance issues.
- Prepare client renewal strategy including proposals and presentations and ensure that they agree with client’s requests/requirements.
- Meet with client as necessary to review coverage information.
- Pursue opportunities to expand coverage for existing accounts.
- Remains current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Review, update, and develop processes and workflows as needed.
- Pursue personal and professional development through internal and external learning efforts.
- Follow department and agency defined processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems, and develop solutions to provide outstanding client experience and support our team goals.
- Effective listening and communication skills to uncover client needs, provide insurance counseling, and handle conflicts.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system and other technology essential for job functions including MS Office products and Carrier websites.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team to build trust and enhance team productivity and performance.
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time and competing priorities to reach objectives and meet deadlines.
- Desire and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, growth minded dynamic environment.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome hurdles.
- Team player who consistently defaults to good.
- Keep current with continuing education requirements and maintain knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- 3+ years of experience in high net worth personal lines.
- Experience and familiarity with leading specialty insurance Carriers such as Chubb, AIG, PURE, etc.
- Property & Casualty Insurance License in good standing.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development.
- High School Diploma required, College Degree Preferred.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Offsite client, network, and prospect meetings require non-standard normal working hours – expect evening events and some travel as normal course of business.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Flexible Work Environment.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com