Why Smith Brothers Insurance Needs You
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Massachusetts Region Personal Lines Team as a producing account executive, responsible for sales and service of a book of business. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, in both sales and client service. This position will have an identified sales goal and work with prospects and clients to grow and service accounts. In order to succeed, a successful team member in this position will need to manage their workflow in an organized way, have a strong attention to detail, and excel in a fast-paced environment.
It is essential this individual display energy to contribute to overall agency growth, the client experience, and agency culture.
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, have a great place to work, and build a sustainably relevant company. Our big purpose is Helping Others, and we start with ensuring all our team members understand our vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making our plan a reality. Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow a book of business through marketing activities, pro-active touches, round outs, cross leads, and referrals.
- Respond to client service needs including policy changes, billing, finding coverage solutions, etc.
- Maintain account files according to established procedures, while showing good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Show thoroughness in all client file documentation.
- Act as a client liaison and advocate by effectively listening and communicating to uncover client’s needs and handle conflicts.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Pursue personal and professional development.
- Follow department and agency defined processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Review, update, and develop processes and workflows as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Support and live our big purpose, values, and standards.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems, and develop solutions to provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals
- Effective listening and communication skills to uncover client needs, provide benefits counseling, and provide solutions
- Ability to communicate and present to clients in an effective manner, both for new business sales as well as some renewal presentations
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to learn and utilize agency management system and multiple technologies essential for job functions e.g., (MS Office products, Carrier websites, Zywave, Benefit Admin Systems, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other teams at Smith Brothers to grow revenue, provide a great client experience, and be a great place to work
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time with competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels
- Minimum of two to three years’ general agency/company experience preferred in sales and service.
- High School Diploma required.
- Massachusetts Property & Casualty Insurance License required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and team development.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced environment, with both in-office as well as remote work settings for team members
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time
- Client visits, appointments and presentations
- Potential for Flexible Work Arrangement
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and working together to be a sustainably relevant company. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services. At Smith Brothers, we are sure in our ability to do the right thing, the right way. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com