We are seeking individuals with 3+ years of small commercial Property and Casualty experience who are actively looking to develop in their career and work in a fast paced, growing agency. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in both sales and account management, with the ability to handle General Liability, Property, BOP, Workers Comp, Umbrella, and other related policy lines. Providing exceptional client experience on new business, renewals, cross-sell, round-out, daily service needs, and developing strong relationships with all our stakeholders are central to this role.
Smith Brothers Insurance has been in business for over 50 years, as an independently operated, Top 100 National Broker, focused on our purpose of Helping Others. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services.
You’ll bring a deep desire to leverage your skills to help us continue to grow and make others around you better. If you want to be part of a collaborative process with team members who look out for each other and are focused on growth and sustainability, this is an opportunity for us to talk.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Successfully meet established annual sales and retention goals.
- Maintain and grow a book of business through marketing activities, proactive touches, round outs, cross-leads, and referrals.
- Prepare new business proposals, renewals, and account rounding efforts.
- Respond to client service needs including policy changes, billing, finding coverage solutions, etc.
- Maintain account files according to established procedures, while showing good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Show thoroughness in all client file documentation.
- Act as a client liaison and advocate by effectively listening and communicating to uncover client’s needs and handle conflicts.
- Work on technology pilot teams to test new technology and provide constructive feedback.
- Work on technology implementation teams as new technology is broadly rolled out to our agency and/or other stakeholders.
- Pursue personal and professional development through internal and external learning efforts.
- Follow department and agency defined processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Review, update, and develop processes and workflows as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, able to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems and develop solutions that will provide outstanding client experience, and support our team/agency goals.
- Effective client service skills and an understanding of how to utilize resources to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Effective listening, sales, and communication skills to uncover client needs, provide risk management counsel, and close business.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively and manage multiple priorities; meet deadlines, attention to details.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement to drive productivity and performance for our team and our clients.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Professional and effective communication and teamwork skills to ensure collaborative, welcome, and fun work environment.
- Team Player who consistently defaults to good.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience in Applied EPIC preferred.
- Keep current with continuing education requirements and maintain knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Comfortable communicating with all stakeholders at various levels.
- Three or more years of experience in small commercial lines sales and account management experience.
- Property & Casualty Insurance License in good standing required.
- High School Diploma required.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person interactions.
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Potential for Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangement.
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and work together to be a sustainably relevant company. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com