Large Commercial Lines
Why Smith Brothers Insurance Needs You
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Large Commercial Lines team as an Account Manager. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Account Manager with a commitment to excellent client service handling Package, Umbrella, Auto, Workers Comp, and other related policies in our collaborative environment. We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, have a great place to work, and build a sustainably relevant company. Our big purpose is Helping Others, and we start with ensuring all our team members understand our vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making our plan a reality. Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’ purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, have a great place to work, and build a sustainably relevant company. Our big purpose is Helping Others, and we start with ensuring all our team members understand our vision and appreciate the vital role they play in making our plan a reality. Ultimately, our ideal candidate will believe in Smith Brothers’
purpose, values, and standards, and be willing to work collaboratively with their teammates to drive value to all our stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Nurture client relationships and manage all aspects of daily service for new and renewal business for assigned accounts.
- Interpret policy language, identify risks, and help clients with all aspects of their commercial insurance policies e.g., coverages, endorsements, audits, claims, loss prevention programs, certificates, billing, etc.
- Manage client communications and provide prompt service, while ensuring all relevant data and information are properly tracked in our agency management system.
- Work with sales and carrier marketing teams to provide pre-renewals, carrier marketing submissions, proposals and bind orders in compliance with our procedures and following prescribed timelines.
- Create policy changes on client accounts according to set procedures for communication and documentation.
- Consult with and respond to clients promptly in agreed upon timeframes – promote responsiveness.
- Utilize agency management system for daily activities, documentation, and other duties as assigned
- Work on projects and other work as assigned
- Commit to continuing education and ongoing knowledge of changing industry standards, products, carriers, etc. in order to stay relevant in the insurance marketplace.
- Participate in internal learning and development sessions.
- Follow department and company defined processes, procedures, and workflows, within specified timelines, to drive consistency and efficiency, with a focus on client experience.
- Support and demonstrate the core values of our agency: trust, respect, creativity, and fun.
- Support and live our Be Sure Service Standards, Helping Others Culture, and Quality Program.
- Ability to make independent decisions, research/analyze problems and develop solutions that will provide outstanding customer experience and support our team goals.
- Effective client service skills and an understanding of how to utilize resources to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively and manage multiple priorities; meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and utilize an agency management system and other technology essential for the job function.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement to drive productivity and performance for our team and our clients.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to relate well with others in team environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and company information and adhere to all personal and financial data privacy protocols.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as an account manager in mid-market commercial lines insurance.
- P & C license required.
- Professional designations preferred.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience following procedures and workflows with a focus on client experience.
- Previous experience working in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships.
General Working Conditions
- Fast paced office environment with significant telephone and in person activity
- Ability to view computer monitors for extended periods of time
Why Smith Brothers Insurance
We are a team of professionals who seek to consistently deliver our Be Sure brand promise, contribute to our organization being a great place to work, and working together to be a sustainably relevant company. We are multi-disciplined with expertise in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Surety, Group Retirement Plans including 401(k) and 403(b) Plans, Risk Management, and Financial Services. At Smith Brothers, we are sure in our ability to do the right thing, the right way. When you work with Smith Brothers you can be sure our core values, collaborative culture, and expertise will reinforce your decision to partner with us. Our standard of excellence is the internal foundation for treating everyone based on our core values of trust, respect, creativity, and fun – leading to individual fulfillment through group achievement.
Smith Brothers Insurance LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term Disability, Life, Long Term Care and 401K with employer match, employee assistance program, licensing and continuing education reimbursement, travel and expense allowance, internal & external meetings, and learning and development opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org